Friday, June 7, 2013

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

Ahhhh!  Saturday is here!  I have to get straight to today's sketch.  You know, sometimes when you have as sketch, you look at it and aren't quite sure how it will turn out.  This one is kind of like that.  I kept looking at it and no matter how many times I looked at it and walked away, everytime I returned to it I kept seeing a Bumblebee!  I couldn't help it!  And what is really funny is that I was working on this card and kept hearing a buzzing.  I thought it was a fly but it was a little bumblebee that must have gotten in the back door.  Sooooooo, it was meant to be!!!  (Hubby was laughing at me because I had to trap the bumblebee and set it free LOL!)  Anyway, here is the sketch for this week:

UDISC244 June 8


And here's my little guy.  Have mercy on me because I am not an artist so his little mouth is kind of funky!



Here's what I used:

Stamps:  A Round Array
Ink:  Basic Black and Uni Ball Signo Gel Pen
Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Honeycomb embossing folder, Blossom Party Originals die, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1/4" handheld punch (non-SU), Extra Large and Larg Oval Punches and Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.

I hope this little card made you smile.  If it did then I've done my job!  Have a wonderful week!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea and the mouth is really cute... I may even see if I can do one too... thank you for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, you are a genius! Your bee is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the Bee is Adorable. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great out-of-the-box thinking, Ruthie! I love your interpretation of the sketch and yes, he brings a smile to my face.
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely delightful! I can hardly wait to make one for one of the teachers at school: Ms. B! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments, they are greatly appreciated!